While I was doing the baby shower thing...David went ice fishing! He had a great time with his Dad and brother, Scott.
After our fun weekend, David came back to school to be responsible, and I went out to New York with my mom and Holly to visit my sister, Brighten. We walked central park, went to the Manhattan LDS temple, shopped, saw the Ground Zero memorial and saw the play Wicked. So fun! Then we spent some time back in CT, where Brighten lives, with her family. It was a great trip and I felt pretty good trucking around NYC at 30 weeks pregnant!
My dear friends in Moscow, ID threw me a darling and memorable baby shower. The decor, treats, gifts and company were all so fabulous! The girls here are so talented and many of them made their incredible gifts. I loved it!
While we still had a bit of winter left, David and I went snowshoeing. That was a first time for me and we had a blast. I am the marshmallow looking one (32.5 weeks) I was just glad I could get a coat to zip!
We made a couple of K-9 friends along the way. They followed us all the way in and all the way back out. It was actually really fun to have them around.
We also saw so many eagles, which was an unexpected surprise...3 bald eagles and 3 golden eagles. It was amazing!
We recently took a trip to Seattle over spring break. We enjoyed fish and chips, beautiful scenery and plenty of rain. We also narrowed our housing search to a few options - so that was really helpful! Now it's onto the end of the semester. School is going really well for David and we just found out that he will do his rural medical internship this summer in Emmett, ID. That is only about 20 minutes from my family and 30-40 minutes from David's - so we are THRILLED! We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our little boy. I got all the baby clothes washed and folded and I look at them every day and just wish I had the little guy to go with them! Can't wait till he is here. Although I feel like I am just a whole lotta belly...I am still feeling great with 5 weeks and 6 days to go...but who's counting?!
3 comments:
Summer,
I did not know you had a blog! Hooray. Now I can keep up with you guys and see your little one when he comes. So glad we got to have a shower for you before I left. You are such a good friend to so many of the sisters in the Moscow ward.
-Sarah
You look great Summer! I can't believe you will be so close to my family this summer (they are in Horseshoe Bend). If they stars align I will have to pop over there and see your little boy! Can't wait for him to come!
I cannot believe you're doing all those things! You go Sum!
Post a Comment