Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

This past week my students and I created little books to give to their mothers for mothers day. I loved reading some of their thoughts. The books were filled with prompts that they completed. Some of my favorites were:

"My mom spends most of her time...keeping my baby sister from crying."
"If my mom could have one wish it would be...a clean house forever."
"My moms least favorite food is...candy, I think. She always tells us not to eat it."
"My mom is very good at...vacuuming."
"My mom is very good at...being a mom."
And my personal favorite:
"My mom spends most of her time thinking about...
her children."


That is exactly how I would have answered that prompt about my mother... and my second mom (Judy - David's mom)! In their actions it is apparent that they spend the large majority of their time and energy thinking about, praying for, and helping their children. David and I were just talking yesterday about the wonderful blessing we have of faithful, devoted and selfless mothers. Whenever we have a major decision to make, or a prayer we really hope is answered we always call in the reinforcements; mom prayers. I think God has a special place in his heart for mothers. I think their prayers hold a special reverence and power, as they are usually selflessly pleading for the good of their families and children. We have been strengthened and blessed many times through the faith, love and prayers of our mothers. This Mother's Day we pay tribute and gratitude to our wonderful mothers, Valynn and Judy. I only hope that one day I will be the type of mother that you two are. We love you!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Valynn! I just love your Mom Sum! I'm sure that David's Mom is great too (I don't know her), but your Mom is amazing. We're all very blessed, aren't we?

neelam said...

I love that picture of you and your mom - it makes me smile!