Wednesday, August 17, 2011

We Got WWAMIed...

That was the joke of the day at all of the medical school orientation events! What does it mean to get WWAMIed? Well, basically it means to get accepted to a fantastic medical school (University of Washington) in a beautiful place (Seattle)just to spend your fist year in one of the "prestigious" WWAMI locations (Washington (most people's first choice - not considered WWAMIed) Wyoming, Alaska, Montana or... IDAHO) So here we are, Moscow Idaho. Please note the long "o" sound that should be made at the end of the word "Moscow" according to the locals. Some may call it being WWAMIed...we call it blessed.

David gets to spend his first year here at the University of Idaho with only 40 students, very attentive administration and great faculty. As I had the opportunity to mingle with many students and faculty during orientation I was so impressed and appreciative of the caliber of people and sincere concern for the students. What accomplished and incredible people. We keep saying our prayers of gratitude that we even get to be here.

U of I Vandal paraphernalia aside...Moscow is a beautiful and fun town with great people. We have loved our ward, our neighbors and everything we have been introduced to so far. And just wait...the Lentil Festival isn't even until this weekend! For those that don't know, a Lentil is a bean...and yes, they have a festival for it! Can't wait! I will be sure to post pictures.

Here are some pics from orientation and David's first week. Once I figure out how to get our camera card in our new computer, I will post some pics of the house, the gorgeous Palouse Valley, and...the upcoming Lentil festival! Love to all of our family and friends. We miss you! Come visit :)

David's Orientation Rafting Trip


He's on the left..




First day of school...headed to the bus stop!


First "Scrub In"



2 comments:

BL said...

i love that i know what you're up to now! even if its through a blog... so happy for you two!

Laura said...

I think it's great that you had to explain that a Lentil is a bean :) haha I cannot wait for pictures of the Lentil festival! What a riot. We missed seeing you guys much while you were here, but you'll have to come see the twins over the holidays!